Thursday, October 1, 2009

Books?

So my surgery is coming up in a little over a month on November 5th. I will be out of work for approximately 6 weeks. As most of you know, I am an avid reader. I expect this is what I'll be doing during most of my hospital stay and recovery.


SO--any suggestions for books to read? Any books I can borrow? I'm into just about anything, fiction or non-fiction, except for sci-fi. And yes I've read the Twilight series, and no I won't read Harry Potter.


Thanks for your help!


xoxox,

Sue


PS the next post will get back on track to my trials and tribulations with the lumpus :)

1 comment:

  1. Sue!
    Here are some book ideas - a wide range of styles, genres, etc.

    Bel Canto - Anne Patchett

    Case Histories - Kate Atkinson (there are two others by her that feature the same character - sort of literary mysteries)

    Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency - series - good and mindless and set in Botswana.

    Lovely Bones - have you read this? I wanted to hate it, but I really liked it.

    Anything by Jon Krakauer - Into thin Air, Into the Wild, Under the Banner of Heaven or the new one about the NFL Player Pat Tillman and his death in Afghanistan

    The Blind Side - good football/family story

    I have a lot of other suggestions on my book blog that I haven't updated in FOREVER and get made fun of by Carmen for failing to blog more frequently, but there's a bunch of books in the archives...
    here's the link.

    http://onegirlsbooks.typepad.com/one_girls_books


    xoxoxo
    Xan

    ReplyDelete